About the Prize
The Anzisha Prize is looking for the next cohort of very young African job generative entrepreneurs! We want to celebrate your efforts and share your stories. If you are between the ages of 15-22 and are running a business in your community, then apply to win part of a shared prize of $100 000 and join the Anzisha Fellowship!
Take a look at the criteria below to see if you are eligible.
2020 Applications are about to OPEN!
As we enter into the New Year and celebrate our decennial, we are looking forward to receiving your application and welcoming a new cohort to the Anzisha Fellowship!
HERE ARE THE IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE 2020 APPLICATION CYCLE:
- 15 February 2020: Open Applications for Anzisha
- 1 April 2020: Applications close
- May 2020: phone interviews and due diligence visit with the semi-finalists, and final selection
- July 2020: Announcement of the top 60 semi-finalists of the 2020 edition of the Anzisha Prize
- August 2020: Announcement of the top 20 2020 Finalists
- October 2020: Anzisha Business Accelerator and Anzisha Prize Awards Forum
Download the application guide to see if you are eligible for the prize, and when the time comes, apply!
It’s never too early to start getting ready to apply next year
To ensure that you submit a high-quality application, download our application guide below which includes tips and tricks to make a great application. It is never too soon to start, after all, the early bird does indeed catch the worm first!
Send any questions to email@example.com
Learn more about the prize
Download the guide and make sure you are eligible to enter:
- You must be between 15 and 22 years old with an ID document or Passport to present as evidence. Anyone born before November 1, 1998 or after October 31, 2004 will not be considered.
- You must be a national of an African country with a business based in Africa for African customers/ beneficiaries.
- Your business must be up and running. The Anzisha Prize is not for great ideas or business plans – you must have already started, and be able to prove it! You have time to get started now and have tangible results to share before applications open.
- Your business, invention or social project can be in any field or industry (science and technology, civil society, arts and culture, sports, etc.). Any kind of venture is welcome to apply.
- Individuals who apply must be one of the founding members of a business (for example, 2 or 3 co-founders who started up the project together)
A partnership between